subpixel LCD fonts smoothing

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Aug 4 03:58:21 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-08-03 at 22:16 +0200, David Hláčik wrote:
> whoa - i have just tried lastest ubuntu desktop to compare fonts
> smoothing, because i really hate sandy fonts on fedora 9 - and i have
> noticed that their subpixel fonts smoothing on LCDs is really
> wonderfull , like on windows vista.

Having used all three, I can't say I've noticed Ubuntu being wonderful.
They're all about the same as each other, depending on the fonts in use
(size and the typeface), and your graphics driver.  Web browsers add
another spanner in the works, as they often do their own font rendering.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.11-97.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.