How to swee youtube videos,

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Mon Aug 4 07:54:07 UTC 2008

On Mon, Aug 04, 2008 at 12:27:40PM +0930, Tim wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-08-03 at 19:40 +0100, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> > Yeah, it seems sometime in the past I lost my send_charset flag
> > setting.
> >
> > So even though I was using UTF-8, mutt sent out

> Did you really lose the configuration setting, or was it still set?
>
> If what you've typed only uses the characters as in US-ASCII, then
> that's all it needs to send as (the first 127 characters of UTF-8 are
> the same as US-ASCII).
>
> Cutting and pasting into mail clients was a common problem with other
> systems, I don't know how Mutt would handle that.  Though I think Fedora
> handles that all internally in the same way.  Unlike some Windows
> clients, where a copy from a UTF-8 page into a client using Windows-1252
> encoding, often went bad, as the copy and paste didn't transcode.

mutt is an excellent console email client, but I don't think it guesses
anything about the set of bytes my $EDITOR returns it, or if it tries
to, it fails (as proven).

Since my environment is an UTF-8 one, there's no problem to define
send_charset as being UTF-8

Rui

--
Fnord.
Today is Sweetmorn, the 70th day of Confusion in the YOLD 3174
+ So let's do it...?