How to swee youtube videos,

Dario Lesca d.lesca at solinos.it
Mon Aug 4 08:56:22 UTC 2008

Il giorno gio, 31/07/2008 alle 16.00 -0700, Antonio Olivares ha scritto:
> > In firefox I can see and hear videos that are .mpg or.wmv
> > but on youtube
> > I can see the video but not hear the sound.
> >
> > How can this be fixed? This is f9 I am using.
>
> Try the following:
>
> # yum install libflashsupport
>
> Report back if that did the trick.
Not work for me:

For test the new opensorce flash plugin today I have:

   88  yum remove flash-plugin.i386
   89  yum install swfdec gnash
   90  yum install libflashsupport
   91  ps -fea|grep fire
   94  ls /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins -l
   96  yum remove libflashsupport
   97  yum install libflashsupport
   99  mozilla-plugin-config -i -g -v

Now, if I run firefox I have this plugin active:

> Totem Web Browser Plugin 2.23.2
>
>     Nome file: libtotem-basic-plugin.so
>     The Totem 2.23.2 plugin handles video and audio streams.
>
> Tipo MIME       Descrizione     Estensione      Attivo
> application/x-ogg       -       ogg     Sì
> video/flv       Video Flash     flv     Sì

But if I goto on YouTube:

> Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of
> Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

what's wrong?.

Some suggest?

--
Dario Lesca <d.lesca at solinos.it>