subpixel LCD fonts smoothing

David Hláčik david at hlacik.eu
Mon Aug 4 10:06:00 UTC 2008

Well, so i have installed freetype-freeworld, i am attaching here
screenshots with opened firefox - same page with Ubuntu , and same page with
Fedora.
If i can make to look Fedora looking like that, that i will switch to ubuntu
because "smooth and good looking fonts" are really important for me.

Well i know very good, that Ubuntu is using its optimized "cairo" , but this
is not about fonts, this is about way how fonts are antialiased and
smoothed! :((

Does that freetype-freeworld is also used for ubuntu fonts rendering? (or
they use something speciall)

1) Fedora 9 screenshot here http://www.hlacik.eu/fedora.bmp
2) Ubuntu 8.04 screenshot here http://www.hlacik.eu/ubuntu.bmp

Thanks in advance!