Making changes to compiz/desktop effects

Doctor Who whodoctor at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 16:02:29 UTC 2008

I have Fedora 9 installed with an nvidia graphics card.  3d is enabled
and I have desktop effects working.

However, I'm unable to change the settings using CCSM.  For example,
if I turn animation on and say that I want fire when windows close,
this doesn't work (same fade effect is still seen.)  Or if I want 3d
windows when I rotate the cube, I enable this with CCSM, but it still
doesn't happen.  It's like the settings are not respected.

Anyone have this setup and working?  If so, can you tell me how?

Thanks.