OT: Re: Replies to newbies

Les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Tue Aug 5 03:10:09 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 08:24 +0000, g wrote:

> Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> <snip>
> > "hell" is profanity?
> >
> > http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hell
>
> you could have sent him rest of it for a better understanding.
>
> http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/profanity
>
> then this would have really given him and bjorn something to do...
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Profanity#International_languages

Speaking as somewhat of an experienced authority, I am a retired Navy
Chief, I have more words than you can find in your dictionaries....
Trust me,

;-)

It took years for me to become capable of real expression of complex
concepts without every sailors favorite multipurpose word, but that
journey, like all journeys had a profound effect on me in many ways.  I
hope you have the same luck I did.

Regards,
Les H