encrypted swap question

Mike C mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 13:24:01 UTC 2008

Bill Davidsen <davidsen <at> tmr.com> writes:

> Better in what way? I think either case gets you out of typing a 2nd
> LIKS password. Using /dev/urandom seems to avoid having a password where
> anyone could ever recover it, and I think using LUKS on swap will kill
> suspend in either case (it may work better than it did last time I tried
> it).

Yup - you are right - at least with the keyfile stored for swap - I cannot
come out of suspend!!  I am not sure this is working right at present as
even regenerating the initial ramdisk file it still asks for the swap
passphrase at boot - and it goes into suspend but won't come out!

It is possible this is due to the hardware being quite old (around 5 years
old) - which is my test system!