sandshark

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Wed Aug 6 21:59:19 UTC 2008

Can someone tell me where to find "sandshark," the program which
provides the functionality formerly known as "wireshark" and before that
"ethereal" etc. There is an RPM which is named wireshark, but it
contains a bunch of other stuff which used to come with wireshark. I
checked with rpm2cpio and there is no wireshark package in the RPM, even
though there are plugins.

Asking on another list got me three pointers to sandshark, but I can't
find it. For the moment I run FC6 in a virtual machine so I have the
program, but it's really a PITA to do that way if it's just another
rename, or yet another in the endless list of programs which no longer
are free enough to be worthy of inclusion.

Attached is a list of RPMs installed, many for dependencies for the
wireshark RPM.

Any pointers?

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>