Hardware trouble? Me? Or ...??

Björn Persson bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se
Thu Aug 7 17:27:47 UTC 2008

torsdagen den 7 augusti 2008 skrev Beartooth:
>         My #1 machine (with F9 on one hard drive, and XP (to run topo
> maps) on the other) won't do anything; it doesn't even turn its
> little blue light on.

That sounds a lot like a hardware failure. When I had a similar failure I
ended up replacing the power supply, the motherboard, the CPU, the memory and
the graphics card. I guess a short circuit had killed both the motherboard
and the power supply. The memory banks may have just been incompatible with
the other motherboard, as was the CPU. I'm surprised that the graphics card
didn't work. Maybe a voltage spike had reached it too.

Let's hope you will only have to replace one component.

Björn Persson