no sound with totem (solved)

Bjoern Schiessle bes at schiessle.org
Thu Aug 7 21:47:56 UTC 2008

Hello,

after playing a little bit with different settings i have solved the
problem.

System -> Preferences -> Hardware -> Sound -> Sound playback

was set to "Default (Custom)" if i changed it to "PulseAudio Sound
Server" everything worked. :-)

After i had found this solution i looked at the settings of my other
Fedora9 installation where everything worked from the beginning.

In this installation sound playback was set to "Autodetect" which also
works on my Notebook instead of "PulseAudio Sound Server".

Both where fresh Fedora9 installations and i haven't changed the
settings before. So i have no idea why the settings were set to "Default
(Costum)" on my Notebook.

best wishes,
Björn

--