Need help with partitioning

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Aug 9 01:01:43 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-08 at 17:11 -0700, Adil Drissi wrote:
> 1. When you speak about fedora live cd do you mean the cd that i used
> for installing fedora? in That case there are some options when i boot
> from it, which one should i use?

We don't know what disc you used to install from...  Here's what you
could have:

There's a "live disc" which you can boot up from and run the OS from
without installing anything to any drive.  You can *also* start an
installation from it.

There are other discs which can only be used to start an installation,
with different discs for different architectures (Intel x86 CPU, PPC,
64-bit).

There's a rescue disc, which can be used to repair a broken system (it's
a bootable disc, with a minimal working environment), and can be used to
start installs which will install files from another source (such as
from a network server, or another hard drive).

You might want to start out by reading the notes available from this
page:  http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/f9/  There's a
section about installation.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r