For anyone experienced with the IETF and RFCs ??

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Sat Aug 9 16:39:11 UTC 2008

Hi;

Just a quick process question.  I have been digging into various RFCs
(RFC1918, RFC1700, RF3513 etc.) issued by committees of the IETF.  They
are very good and surprisingly clear explanations of how network
addressing is to be used.

My question is this: These memos are entitled Requests for Comments and
each have received several detailed and learned comments, yet, the RFC
seems to become adopted as written with the comments only attached but
not adopted.  I am I misreading the actual RFC process?
--
Regards Bill;
Fedora 9, Gnome 2.22.3