Stripes on screen after installing Fedora

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Aug 10 13:04:20 UTC 2008

Gene Heskett wrote:

> One thing is for sure, that is the last time I will install anything designed
> by nvidia that requires the binary blob to work.  That thing scribbles all
> over memory it doesn't own.

FWIW, my experience is 180 degrees from yours.  I've had multiple NVIDIA
cards and except for the one problem (at least 2 years ago) never a burp.  I
even have them on windows machines...including an NVIDIA chip in my Acer
running Vista.

Now, if I install the HP printer drivers for my networked printer it kills
my wifi and HP hasn't been able to fix it and I've had to reinstall Vista
several times due to that....