OT: Cleaning video head on my Betamax VCR

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Sun Aug 10 18:05:19 UTC 2008

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 16:23:55 +0200
Nigel Henry <cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr> wrote:

> I've got the old clean sheet, so tomorrow will cycle down to down, and attempt
> to explain in French at the local pharmacy, that I want to buy some pure
> alcohol, and what it's for.

That's where I get mine.  I buy it in a gallon jug which I keep in a corner
of my projection room and pour into a smaller, easier to handle bottle for
actual use. I get a couple of years out of a gallon before it needs to be
replaced.  It takes the pharmacy about a week to get one for me when I tell
them that I need a new jug.