Stripes on screen after installing Fedora

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 18:57:11 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-08-09 at 20:27 +0200, Bjørn Ivar Johnsen wrote:
> Nvidia GeForce 6800 GS with current installed driver : 175.19
>
> And about the graphical mode and level 3 or 5.. I really do not know
> what that is or how to do it. I am as new to Linux as they come!!:(
>
> Could it have something to do with the refresh rate of the screen?
> It is currently set to 75 Hertz, (that is the highest possible on my
> screen)... no, that is probably not it, but at this momement I really
> do not know what to do!!!

If you're dual-booting, with Windows installed, just boot into windows
and see what it's set to. Use those figures. Plus, whenever you setup
your video driver, you have to be in text mode, instead of graphical
mode. Just open a terminal window (as root) and enter "init 3", then run
the driver installer after you login to text mode as root. When you are
done, just enter "init 5" to take you back into graphical mode.
Hopefully, everything will be running smoothly. :) Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
https://oar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 336-254-1339