F8 vs F9

Marcelo Magno T. Sales mmtsales at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 17:54:09 UTC 2008

Em Ter 12 Ago 2008, Mike -- EMAIL IGNORED escreveu:
> I need to install a few new systems in the next
> few weeks.  My requirements are: apache; C++ code
> development; netfilter; KDE; openvpn; and above
> all, stability.  I have heard a rumor that I might
> be better off with F8 than F9.  Is this true?

I, for one, would stay with F8 and KDE 3.5.9 for a while. KDE 4.1 is now
much better than KDE 4.0 released with F9, but it's still far from
finished and much of the functionality of 3.5.9 is not available yet.
Also, there are many really annoying bugs waiting for fixes.
I'm currently using KDE 4.1 on F9, but if there was an easy way to go
back to F8 and KDE 3.5.9, I certainly would.

[]'s
Marcelo