F8 vs F9

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue Aug 12 22:51:15 UTC 2008

Mark Haney wrote:
> Ed Greshko wrote:
>

>> The answer is either "yes", "no", or "maybe".  And you get 10 points
>> for asking one of the silliest questions I've seen asked her in quite
>> some time.
>>

> Why is it silly?

Basically because it doesn't have enough detail.  It doesn't tell us what
versions of the particular software you need (feature requirements).  Nor,
does it go into any details about the rumor.  So, that leaves everyone free
to determine what the rumor is and base their responses on their interpretation.

Also, the term "stability" is subject to interpretation as well.

Then there is the life cycle question.  Is Fedora really right for this
project?  Will the relatively quick release cycles for Fedora and the
subsequent lack of updates present a problem in the future?

And on, and on.

--
Tax reform means "Don't tax you, don't tax me, tax that fellow behind
the tree."