help

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 13 15:24:13 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 13 August 2008 12:24, Sanjay S Nair wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
>
> I am new to Linux. I have actually left one week playing with and using
> purposefully the new fedora 9. I have got solutions for most of the thing
> all the time. I am a php starting developer and have installed LAMP,
> phpmyadmin, drupal, filezilla, mplayer successfully and working perfectly.
> I have some issues currently which I want to clear from relevant sources.

Hi, Sanjay.  You have a couple of problems but you have achieved a lot
already.

Most popular software already has packages compiled for Fedora, but because of
licensing and other problems many packages can't be in the distro itself.
You will find it useful to add repositories for those programs.  You may
choose livna, atrpms or rpmforge or one of several others, but don't mix
livna with the others as there can be some conflicts.

I know you are trying to understand several things about file organisation, so
your best bet is to split the questions into separate threads, with a
descriptive subject line, so that the right people spot the questions and
give you the help you need.

Anne