How secure is Fedora without SELinux ?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 16:19:30 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 5:00 AM, David Jansen <jansen at strw.leidenuniv.nl>wrote:

> (my actual problem was a machine running a web- and mailserver with lots
> of software that doesn't come from Fedora repositories, eg Joomla and
> other web applications, where I haven't managed to figure out how to
> make those things work together with SELinux)

I would encourage you to seek assistance from a communication channel such
as a list or irc or forum to selinux issues before giving up on it.  A web
services situation running lots of...different codebases...potentially opens
you up to more avenues of attack...that selinux is meant to help prevent.

Once you find the right selinux community to ask, you might find that you
can fix the context problems you are having with small changes to where your
application files are housed on disk..without even building your own policy.

-jef