how to convert text file with unknown 16 bit encoding to 8 bi t as cii

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 16:40:45 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 08:36 -0700, Lancashire, Pete wrote:
> ok 7 BIT :-), in my frustration should have said single byte ...
>
>  well I did it with a perl hack i.e. skip the first 2 bytes and
>  send to stdout every other byte...

Don't top-post on mailing lists. It makes threads harder to read.

Also, either your mail client is broken or you're not replying
correctly. One way or another the standard In-Reply-To header is
missing, so the threading is even more screwed up. Note that the Subject
header is irrelevant for threading purposes in most mail clients.

poc