where to request a newer package version?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 17:07:23 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 8:54 AM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca>wrote:

>  but then i found this page:
>
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=752
>
> which appears to suggest that 1.5.1 does indeed exist for f9.  i'm
> just not sure how to interpret that page -- doesn't it imply that
> subversion has been successfully packaged for f9?

finding something built in koji does not mean it was released. I can do a
scratch build of pretty much anything I want in koji against f9..and never
release it for consumption to the repos.  I do that all the time just to
tease users and burn cpu cycles unnecessarily... I am evil.

In this case however, the maintainer has released that version of subversion
to updates-testing, a repository which is not enabled by default on client
system. New updates go there first.

I would point you to the specific bodhi page for the update, but the bodhi
system is down at the moment so I can't.

Generally speaking though.. you should go to bodhi.fedoraproject.org  when
looking to see if a specific update has been made available if you are
unable to use yum or repoquery tools clientside on a running Fedora system.
And even then you should go to bodhi and file in comments for updates in
updates-testing that you want to see released to /prevented from the main
updates repository.

-jef