F8 vs F9

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 19:04:48 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 09:42 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 August 2008 15:50, Lyvim Xaphir wrote:
> > If you have ATI, F8 is the only way to go.  F9 is not good for ATI
> > cards, the ati drivers won't support any x server greater than 1.4.2.
>
> I presume you mean for accelerated desktop effects?  Certainly for 'normal'
> use there is no problem.
>
> > KDE4 really is a disaster so far, it looks like a dumbed down gnome.
>
> Utter rubbish.

The user is entitled to an opinion, Anne. I know you and others are
working hard on it, but there is plenty of users who just plain don't
like the change. Me included. That's human as it's another learning
curve on top of many other learning curves. Anything with a spinal cord
will turn from pain. :) Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
https://oar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 336-254-1339