Fedora Core 9

James McManus jmpmcmanus at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 13 21:56:30 UTC 2008

I did as Patrick describe (I think). When I rebooted I no longer get a
beeping sound, instead I get a continuous stream of text, repeating the
word grub over and over again. I did a diff on my boot directory and the
backup boot directory, and they are identical.

I am not sure where to go now. I was thinking it was a problem with grub,
since that is where it stalls when booting. Has anybody run into a similar
problem and found a solution? Why did this occur after updating packages?
That seems to suggest there is something wrong with one of the new updates?

After the update finished, it asked be to reboot, which I did, and have
done many time before. Then this happened?

Jim