flash plugin on X86_64?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Aug 14 00:31:21 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 17:18 -0700, Knute Johnson wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
> > On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 15:41 -0700, Knute Johnson wrote:
> >> What's the procedure to get the 32 Adobe flashplayer to work on F9
> >> X86_64 Firefox?  Or can I?
> > ----
> > yum install flash-plugin \
> >  libflashsupport \
> >  nspluginwrapper # if you've got adobe repository installed
> >
> > or download it and do yum localinstall
> >
> > mozilla-plugin-config -i
> >
> > to get the plugin registered
> >
> > Craig
> >

> Oh and one more thing.  I don't have a libflashplayer.xpt file anywhere.
>    I don't know if there is supposed to be one or not.
----
no but as Kevin pointed out (and I wasn't specific enough I'm afraid),
you need to install both the x86_64 and i386 versions of libflashsupport
(sound) and nspluginwrapper (firefox).

You would then want to make sure that no copies of Firefox are running,
then run the command 'mozilla-plugin-config -i' and then launch FF and
you should be good to go.

Craig