laptop keyboard soaked by a soft drink!

max maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 13:45:25 UTC 2008

bruce wrote:
> Hi max...
>
> I'd be inclined to feel the same way as you, except that I was using the
> keyboard/system for a few hours after the spill, with all the keys working
> (although the space key was sticky). It wasn't until I did the water rinse
> that I got the issue with keys not working... I sussepct that if I had kept
> on using the box, it would have kept working...
>
> Although, i'm also inclined to think the box might eventually be toast...
>

> Thanks

One of the common misconceptions is that if the hardware is faulty it
won't work at all or if I spill something on it and it keeps working
then all is well. It is certainly possible that that can be true but I
have seen exactly what is happening to you, it works then fails outright
or at intervals, its directly related to the spill, based on your
statements so far I have no doubt of that and the boot issue is further
proof. It may continue to work or it may not or it will work
intermittently and fail randomly. Backup anything you can't stand to
lose now.

-Max

--
I shall not fear, fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that
brings total obliteration. I will face my fear, I will allow my fear to

--Frank Herbert from Dune