Bug in kde 4.1 update

Dave Feustel dfeustel at mindspring.com
Thu Aug 14 15:43:40 UTC 2008

I just upgraded kde to 4.1 (test version) and tin stopped working.
The reason turned out to be that my host file was apparently changed
during the upgrade.

====== /etc/hosts after upgrade ==========
127.0.0.1		localhost.localdomain localhost localhost
::1		localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6

Tin would not post until I changed my domain to comcast.net.

Also, there is code in system initialization that ignores the
setting in /etc/hosts if 'localhost' is found there.

Other than this little bug, the upgrade is working well so far. :-)