F8(1) vs multimedia production(0)

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 14 19:09:51 UTC 2008

> > It is not a bad thing Rahul. I have mplayer and
> gecko-media player built
> > from source and I am doing fine.  I am not
> complaining.  It would make sense
> > to not have to ship crippled players *unless the users
> want those only**
> >

> Uhm since totem actually uses gst... you get the write gst
> plugin
> installed..and you can use totem as shipped with Fedora to
> play dvds...no
> rebuilding of totem needed. I think you under-estimate how
> flexible gst
> actual is in this regard and as a result your undercut the
> argument you are
> trying to make.
>
> -jef

Tell me how/Show me how to do that.  When I try to build xine-lib or lib-xine it fails to compile and I just give up.  I would like to have xine, mplayer and vlc all working, but only mplayer does the job so far and I also have the gecko- plugin for gnome-mplayer that Kevin Dekorte works on.  And I am very happy to use them.

I would not mind if you told me how to build the gst* stuff to make totem play DVDs.  In fact I would appreciate it.  This way I won't have to mess around with xine-lib and xine-ui.

Regards,

Antonio