adobe flash player

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Fri Aug 15 01:09:55 UTC 2008

Craig White wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 16:55 -0700, Knute Johnson wrote:
>
>> Craig White wrote:

>>> ----
>>> then check your mixer volume controls because libflashsupport is the
>>> missing link between flash plugin and alsa/pulseaudio
>>>
>>> Craig
>>>

>> The volume controls look fine and gecko-mediaplayer works fine.  I don't
>> think pulseaudio is running, at least there is no pulseaudio listed when
>> I type ps -e.
>>
> ----
> it should launch automatically when you log in...perhaps you need to log
> out and log in again or just try to manually launch it...
>
> /usr/bin/pulseaudio -D

I would give up if I were you. If pulseaudio installs and runs its fine.
If it doesn't work first time there are too many poorly documented
possible reasons why. On one of my own machines I eventually got it
working, but there were several things to fix before it did - not one
problem, but several. For example, the only NetworkManager package that
would start on this machine was the one from rawhide (this may have been
fixed in the updates by now). I tinkered several times, sorting out one
problem after another, and finally it runs. There were multiple buggy
packages, and multiple configuration issues.

I have another machine where pulseaudio just installed and ran OK. I
have another, with multiple sounds cards, where I still haven't managed
to make it work, and I've lost the will to try.

Steve