Where the h%^&^%$#! is KDE 4.1 ? Part II

linuxguy linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 11:22:27 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 14:30 +0300, Gilboa Davara wrote:

> > > How so? I think they underestimated how many freeloaders would bitch
> > > about not having what they want when they want it.
> >
> > The fact that you refer to common Linux users like myself as
> > "freeloaders who bitch" demonstrates a big part of this and other
> > problems within the Linux community.
> >
> > Keep it up.  Linux adoption will stay at 1% for another 10 years.
> >

> If the price of 10% adoption rate is exponential increase in the number
> of bitch-and-moan-while-doing-nothing-to-help like the OP, I'll take 1%
> market share any time, any date. (But that's me...)

"do nothing to help" people are the majority of computer users.   They
don't expect to have to WORK on an operating system.   They expect it to
"just work" for them.

You are lucky that I "bitch an moan".  I'm really just the messenger for
the vast majority of potential Linux users out there.  99% of the other
people heard messages like "If the price of 10% adoption is..." from
Linux people like yourself and decided they didn't want to be insulted
and then chose not to be involved in the Linux community.

The Fedora and KDE communities shipped an operating system in which
basic functionality like drag and drop and Kget doesn't work.  They
didn't clearly warn people about things like this.   And you expect
people to not complain ?

I think its time the Fedora community took a long hard look at itself.
Linux IS ready for the desktop.   Or at least it was with KDE 3.5.9.
Some of the Linux community, however, is not.