laptop keyboard soaked by a soft drink!

Nifty Fedora Mitch niftyfedora at niftyegg.com
Fri Aug 15 17:56:17 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 12:02:33AM +0000, g wrote:

> > (I worked in a repair department 20+ years back).
>
> i started in electronics in radio and tv work in 1953, age 13. 'rewrote'
> us air force 'basic electronics manual' in late 1960. designed first
> 'exclusive or' logic circuit with relays in 1965, converted it to transistors
> in late 1966, and discrete logic circuits in 1969. started designing discrete
> logic circuit controllers in early 70's. built my first micro computer in 1974,
> s100 system in 1975.
>
> i could elaborate, but no need and rather not.

I was giving some room for the new kids to tell
me that my reply was dated.  Not that I was an expert
in the current tricks of the trade.

Depending on the sugar solubility in alcohol is very low
when compared to water.   But since pure +99% alcohol is
not common this is not obvious....

Even 100 proof is only 50% alcohol so outside of a chem lab
most of us will not be impacted by the solubility issue.

Multiple sugars, multiple alcohols... all different
so who knows what chemicals the OP might end up trying.

BTW: I recall wishing I could afford to buy some of those S100 boards.
My pockets were not deep enough at that time.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	Got a great hat... now what.