How do I run a script on unsuspend?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Aug 15 19:02:59 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-15 at 13:36 -0500, Terry Letsche wrote:
> I'm baffled on how F9 "knows" to suspend to disk when I close my laptop lid.

Have a look in the power management (personal) preferences, which can
also be found through the screensaver preferences (in Gnome, at least).

> Anyway, specifically, my wireless gets messed up with a hibernate, so I'd like
> to either a) do an 'ifup wlan0' on a resume from hibernation, or
> b) rmmod rtl8187, etc. going into the hibernation, with modprobe rtl8187, etc.
> and an ifup wlan0 on unsuspend. How would I do this?

A script in /etc/pm/sleep.d/ along the lines of this template:

#!/bin/bash

case "$1" in

        hibernate|suspend)
                #your sleeping commands go here
                ;;

        thaw|resume)
                #your waking commands go here
                ;;

        *)
                ;;

esac

exit $?

But if you're using NetworkManager, it *should* be doing whatever's
necessary by itself, already.  Of course that doesn't mean that it
actually *does*.  :-\

  less /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/10NetworkManager

If you need some more clues, "rpm -qil pm-utils", and read through some
of the listed files.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.11-97.fc9.i686