DNS poison? Yum tummy ache?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Aug 16 15:40:48 UTC 2008

Greetings all;

Starting about a day ago, yum hasn't been able to locate a valid repo for
fedora, so this morning I exchanged the comment to enable it from the
downloads.fedora site.  Ok that works, but then it hangs on
updates-debuginfo, throwing up the error box, presumably from the same
problem, EXCEPT that stanza of that fedora.repo file has the enabled=0
statement.

So I edited that stanza to switch it to the real fedora servers, but the error
remains.

Grepping says its in both the fedora.repo file and in the fedora-updates.repo
file.  Fix that one too.

Now it looks as if it might work...

Anybody know whats going on?

Thanks.