F8: Nautilus: Strange behaviors...

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Aug 16 18:23:53 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-08-16 at 11:10 -0700, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> 3) Sometimes the mouse pointer "jumps around" very quickly, perhaps
> depending on what you were doing

And acting as if you were madly clicking the mouse button at the same
time, as it flies around the screen?

I used to get that all the time with a PS/2 mouse, across several
releases of Red Hat Linux and Fedora, and on several computers, and with
various different mice (both cheap and expensive).  Along with various
keyboard errors (e.g. suddenly finding that I cannot type anything,
unless it's with the shift key held down, and it takes several logouts
and logins, or a reboot, before it works again).  I've come to the
conclusion, that PS/2 motherboard hardware is either crap (though the
same hardware works fine with Windows), or Linux support for them is.

These days I use USB peripherals, and don't have that problem any more.
What type are yours?

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.11-97.fc9.i686