network vs NetworkManger services ??

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 23:11:49 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-08-16 at 22:48 +0000, g wrote:

> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> <snip>
> > My qualification "in the sense I think you mean" was intended to convey
> > the idea that "network" is not a single process or daemon. Of course
> > there is a set of things collectively called "network service".
>
> which is why i suggested that he run 'locate network|grep -v icons'.

Where did you say that? I see no other message from you on this thread,
including in the archives. Perhaps you mailed him privately.

> this would have shown him just how much is related to 'network'.
>
> but what do i know. i am just a 'newbie' who has been using linux from
> time of slackware release on cd, before there was a 'redhat'.

Since I'm not aware of having responded to you before now on this topic,
I don't understand the sarcasm.

(Linux user since kernel 1.95, around early 1996 I think, and just as
fallible as ever.)

poc