F8: Nautilus: Strange behaviors...

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Sun Aug 17 02:39:15 UTC 2008

Tim wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-08-16 at 11:10 -0700, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
>
>> 3) Sometimes the mouse pointer "jumps around" very quickly, perhaps
>> depending on what you were doing
>>

> And acting as if you were madly clicking the mouse button at the same
> time, as it flies around the screen?

No - just normal activity for me - I find that I have to slow down for
whatever it is to "catch up", or so it seems.
> I used to get that all the time with a PS/2 mouse, across several
> releases of Red Hat Linux and Fedora, and on several computers, and with
> various different mice (both cheap and expensive).  Along with various
> keyboard errors (e.g. suddenly finding that I cannot type anything,
> unless it's with the shift key held down, and it takes several logouts
> and logins, or a reboot, before it works again).  I've come to the
> conclusion, that PS/2 motherboard hardware is either crap (though the
> same hardware works fine with Windows), or Linux support for them is.
>
> These days I use USB peripherals, and don't have that problem any more.
> What type are yours?

Mine is Microsoft InteliMouse PS/2 Compatable.

I did not have this problem with older releases of Fedora.  It started
behaving
badly with F8 and F9.  Something is different - probably more "sensitive" or
something....

Dan