DNS poison? Yum tummy ache?

Björn Persson bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se
Sun Aug 17 10:14:12 UTC 2008

Gene Heskett wrote:
> With all due respect for Paul, an announcement like this truly belongs on
> the mail list, not on some list only 2% are subbed to.

I'm not going to make up bogus percentages but I'm sure there are many Fedora
users who don't read fedora-list. I've been participating on this list for a
few months now, and I've been here a few times before. I think I may soon
have to leave this list again as other things will take up my time, but I'll
remain subscribed to fedora-announce-list. Even now I skip large parts of
fedora-list, following only some threads, so I could easily miss an
announcement made on this list. I used to have all the Fedora lists mixed in
the same mail folder, but now I have separate sub-folders for fedora-list,
fedora-announce-list and fedora-package-announce. That way important
announcements don't drown in the noise on the other lists, and I can more
easily delete old package announcements while keeping archives of the other
lists longer.

One can expect people to subscribe to either fedora-list or
fedora-announce-list but not both, and send all announcements to both lists,
or else one can expect people who want to receive announcements to subscribe
to fedora-announce-list, and send the announcements to that list. I vote for
the latter.

Björn Persson