network vs NetworkManger services ?? [SOLVED] kinda

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Sun Aug 17 22:31:46 UTC 2008

Thanks for your time and thoughtful explanation Marko;

On Sun, 2008-08-17 at 20:49 +0000, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> Ok, can I give it a try to help clear things up? Not that I am an expert on
> the subject, but hopefully... :-) Somebody please correct me if I get
> something wrong here.
[BIG SNIP]

I have copied and pasted your explanation into the notes I am keeping.
You come close to describing what I have come to understand over the
last week.

It would probably been more clear if I had had system => networking =>
connections showing in my gconf-editor.  Now I have to figure out how to
fix that.  I think I will start with a yum remove and yum install
gconf-editor.

I am not sure whether networking data was in there originally and got
removed by my messing around, or was never there.

--
Regards Bill;
Fedora 9, Gnome 2.22.3