spooky coincidence or disk killer virus?

Russell Miller duskglow at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 00:44:23 UTC 2008

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 5:21 PM, Tom Horsley <tom.horsley at att.net> wrote:

> > I agree with the others, most likey power or impulse related.
>
> Yea, power could be it. I unplugged everything earlier in the
> day the first one died because one of those "Wrath of God" style
> thunder boomers was heading my way. Maybe I didn't turn it off
> soon enough.

If lightning strikes close enough it doesn't matter if it's unplugged,
lightning causes an EMP which could fry stuff.  Has to be really close
though,. and you'd know it.

Look for videos of close strikes on youtube, you can see the EMP hit the
electronics of the camera, manifests as a distortion in the video.

I'm a bit of a weather geek.  :-)

--Russell