Infrastructure status, 2008-08-16 UTC 1530

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 06:32:20 UTC 2008

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 5:42 AM, Marcelo M. Garcia
<marcelo.maia.garcia at googlemail.com> wrote:
> max wrote:
>>
>> Tim wrote:

>>> I wondered that, too.  The original posting was too vague.  You can't
>>> tell if they're just fixing a fault, or sorting out an attack.
>>>
>> Assume the latter and act accordingly.
>>

> This means that if I updated my systems they could be compromised and I need
> to re-install? All because the announcement was made in other list!
>
> In any moment was clear to me, and probably others, that you have to another
> list to get such important announcements.
>
> Marcelo

In all fairness, I don't think it is too much of an assumption that
people would subscribe to the fedora-announce-list for announcements.
The fedora-list has always been for troubleshooting.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate#Mailing_Lists

Aside from personally sending you an email, how would you suggest that
it be made more clear. Perhaps your suggestion can be implemented.