Dumb X Resolution problem - need help

don vogt donvogt2001 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 18 12:34:20 UTC 2008

 I was fooling around with some image files and trying
different resolutions. I went to System> Preferences >
Resolution and changed my screen resolution to
640x480.  Now, the "change resolution screen is cut
off at the bottom so the Apply button is unreacahble.
It is below the screen. So I can't use that to change
my resolution back. I have tried to find wher my local
resolution is kept, to no avail. I tried changing my
/etc/X11/xorg.conf to only allow 800x600, no change.
 Is there another way to change the resolution?
 I am using a pretty vanilla  fc9 install from live CD.