Bluetooth headset with fedora 9

Steve Repo scmuser at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 15:54:14 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I have fedora 9 x86_64 install with all updates up-to-date.

I have Belkin USB dongle that works on fedora with my Motorola Phone (I can
browse my phone over bluetooth)

I bought a Jabra 125 bluetooth headset that works with my Motorola Phone.

I want to use this headset with fedora for making calls via ekiga.

I have no clue how to get this going. I found a sad link here,
http://fedorasolved.org/post-install-solutions/bluetooth-headset-config

Here is more details,

$ rpm -qa | grep bluez
bluez-libs-3.32-1.fc9.x86_64
bluez-gnome-0.26-1.fc9.x86_64
bluez-utils-3.32-1.fc9.x86_64
bluez-utils-cups-3.32-1.fc9.x86_64
bluez-utils-alsa-3.32-1.fc9.x86_64

$ rpm -qa | grep alsa
alsa-tools-1.0.16-4.fc9.x86_64
alsa-lib-1.0.16-3.fc9.x86_64
alsa-lib-devel-1.0.16-3.fc9.x86_64
alsa-utils-1.0.16-3.fc9.x86_64
bluez-utils-alsa-3.32-1.fc9.x86_64

$ hcitool scan
Scanning ...
    00:1D:82:3C:62:E2    Jabra BT125

$ hcitool cc 00:1D:82:3C:62:E2
Can't create connection: Operation not permitted

$ hcitool inq
Inquiring ...
        00:1D:82:3C:62:E2       clock offset: 0x2fd5    class: 0x200404

Then tried to follow the instructions,
$ ./bootstrap
alsa-plugins/Makefile.am:10: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
alsa-plugins/Makefile.am:10:   The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add
`AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
alsa-plugins/Makefile.am:10:   to `configure.in' and run `aclocal' and
`autoconf' again.
alsa-plugins/Makefile.am:10:   If `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL' is in `configure.in',
make sure
alsa-plugins/Makefile.am:10:   its definition is in aclocal's search path.
alsa-plugins/Makefile.am:33: compiling `a2dpd.c' with per-target flags
requires `AM_PROG_CC_C_O' in `configure.in'
$ ./configure
bash: ./configure: No such file or directory
$

What am I doing wrong? (Is there an easier to way to do this?)

Thanks in advance,
Steve