F7 on EeePC : how to connect?? -- SOLVED

Beartooth Beartooth at swva.net
Mon Aug 18 16:19:01 UTC 2008

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 21:27:04 +0000, I Beartooth wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 10:59:13 -0700, Roopnarine, Peter wrote:
>
>> Even though you might have an older eee PC model, I suggest that you
>> install Fedora 9 on it. Even Fedora 8 is lacking suitable drivers.

> 	I'm not sure I even made a liveCD for F9; I had enough trouble
> getting usable install media burned. But I'm trying an upgrade now, and
> if that fails, I'll try a fresh install next.
	[...]

	It took a very long time -- it was still running when I went to
bed -- but it did the upgrade -- and booted up connected. I told it yum
update before I stopped to think that I hadn't ever customized F7; so
there'll be a lot of stuff to uninstall.

	(Anybody know a way to run pirut under F9? It can be done -- one
of my F9 machines has it -- but "yum install pirut" fails, saying that
gnome-packagekit is already installed ..)

	It has been running that update for several hours now, during
which I've come upon the warnings at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EeePc;
but I plan to let it complete anyway, do the uninstalls (with packagekit
if need be; I'm a lot more accustomed to pirut), and run yum update again.

	Many thanks for your good advice!

Fedora 7, 8 & 9; Alpine 1.10, Pan 0.132; Privoxy 3.0.6;
Dillo 0.8.6, Galeon 2, Epiphany 2, Opera 9, Firefox 2 & 3