Infrastructure status, 2008-08-16 UTC 1530

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Aug 18 18:30:11 UTC 2008

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 10:15:24 -0800,
  Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:

> The specific current situation aside for a moment. As a Board member,
> I am interested in thinking about a better mechanism of communication
> of anything hoped to be seen by the entire community.  Is the annouce
> list the best thing we can do? Or is it just the best thing we can do
> right now given our current tools?   Nothing's ever perfect but their
> maybe room to try something new with regard to communication
> mechanisms... if there are people willing to put the effort in to
> build it.

I think it would have been better to have messages displayed when connecting
to the bodhi or koji servers rather than having them down. There might
have been issues with certificates and the like, but if it would be easily
doable it would have been nice.
An announcement on fedoraproject.org would have been nice. Based on
descriptions I saw, people trying new network installs or updates immediately
after installs from media might have had some problems.
The messages posted by Paul got reposted on LWN. This might have been
accidental this time, but in the future you might ask Jon to post stuff.