F8(1) vs multimedia production(0)

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Aug 19 08:22:51 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-18 at 23:56 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
> I installed CentOS which is as close to FC6 as you can get, I have all
> of my applications, my multimedia working, KDE 3.5.4, and even Xvfb
> works like a charm. Imagine that! Now I don't even CARE that it never
> works with Fedora. No more gripes!

I'm just curious which you're using for your other pet project (the
rehab thing you've been developing).  Because it strikes me that you'd
want a longer term base for any project that you're going to have other
people make use of.

I've had a bit of a dabble with CentOS, but mostly for server reasons.
I have to get around to moving our mail server over from Fedora Core 4
to CentOS, but the process has been complicated by wanting to move the
IMAP server from using mbox files to maildir, at the same time, and
without playing drag-n-drop games through a mail client.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.