Infrastructure status, 2008-08-16 UTC 1530

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Aug 19 08:34:26 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-18 at 10:15 -0800, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> Is the annouce list the best thing we can do?

Well, those who *want* to know these things, can join an announce list
(like I did, ages ago).  Those who don't want to know can avoid the
information overload, and not join.  Lumping all communication together
makes it harder for those who want less info.

There will be plenty that won't join mailing lists, because they're not
interested in them, at all.  But might expect to see a notice somewhere,
if they've been trying to update a system for several days, and nothing
is happening.  Service status notices on the main website usually take
care of those people.  But if there is one for Fedora, I didn't notice
it.

I think the main website does fairly well in letting people know how
they can find out information (IRC, join a mailing list, etc.), so I
don't think it's too hard to find general information out.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.