Googlesmithing for beginnners

max maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 17:38:19 UTC 2008

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-08-18 at 16:13 -0400, max wrote:
>> Say you want to search for Han Solo and Chewbacca. Try this in your
>> search field:
>>
>> Han Solo +Chewbacca
>
> You mean:
>
> "Han Solo" +Chewbacca
>
> otherwise "Han" and "Solo" will match separately (not that it's likely
> to matter in this case). In fact:

Yes it didn't matter but you are correct.
> "Han Solo" Chewbacca
>
> would do exactly the same thing, since "Chewbacca" is not a common term
> (such as "a", "the", "and" etc.) which would otherwise be supressed.
>
> poc

Yes in this case the plus sign does little, the imagination is key here
to get the most out of your search, it was just the first thing that
came to mind and it was simple. Usually I have found the minus sign to
be more useful. I didn't mention the suppression of common terms ,
thanks for pointing that out.

-Max

--
Fortune favors the BOLD