So long and thanks for all the fish.

Amadeus W.M. amadeus84 at verizon.net
Wed Aug 20 02:56:25 UTC 2008

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 21:57:44 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:

> I've fixed my Wonderland problems using CentOS. That's weird, that what
> is basically FC6 works just fine with Wonderland, while Fedora refuses
> to pass a Xvfb to Wonderland. I'll live longer, too. Far less stress! :)
> It's been sweet, thanks to Rahul and the other developers for doing what
> they do. I appreciate the list members, too. You all have saved my bacon
> more than once. Adios! Ric

I also gave up on Fedora, only partially, in favor of CentOS. I installed
CentOS on my wife's computer and on one of my laptops. I still have F9 on
my machine though, and I'm still having problems with some flash videos
playing in Firefox, problems with my usb digital camera and now and then
problems with pulseaudio and with network manager. I gave up trying to fix
them. No such problems in CentOS. I kind of like F9 though. It probably
will be a great distribution when it becomes CentOS 6.