Signing for fedora-announce with fedora-list (was Infrastructure status, 2008-08-16 UTC 1530)

Marcelo M. Garcia marcelo.maia.garcia at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 20 09:27:00 UTC 2008

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> In all fairness, I don't think it is too much of an assumption that
> people would subscribe to the fedora-announce-list for announcements.
> The fedora-list has always been for troubleshooting.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate#Mailing_Lists
>
> Aside from personally sending you an email, how would you suggest that
> it be made more clear. Perhaps your suggestion can be implemented.

Hi.

A suggestion to the people of the Fedora web site lists.

If it's so "natural" for a user to sign fedora-announce, this should be
stated in the web page, something like "It is highly recommend if you
are signing for fedora-list". One step further is to put a option (like
a check box) to sign for announce when signing for fedora-list.

And to make users happy, a guide on how to create filters to different
lists.

Regards

Marcelo