How to search the Fedora List

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 13:31:31 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 17:43 -0700, Aldo Foot wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 7:41 AM, Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > Searching the Fedora List came up in another thread. I thought this
> > important enough information to have a thread of its own. See web link
> > below:
> > http://marc.info/?l=fedora-list&r=1&w=2
>
> The link is useful.
> But I believe it would be an improvement to the Fedora archives to add
> a search box.
> I'd be easier to find info. I know I can use Fedora's "Find", but how come
> this very active list does not have a better search mechanism; why resort
> to goggle? not that there's anything wrong with it.

Speculating here, but it could be because the lists are managed with
Mailman. If you look around, very few MM lists have search boxes,
basically because it requires hackery to set up (MM doesn't come with
any search funcionality). Even the mailman-users list itself doesn't
have its own search function! (See
http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4030520)

poc