VMWare Workstation and Fedora 9?

Christopher A. Williams chriswfedora at cawllc.com
Wed Aug 20 16:39:36 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-20 at 17:22 +0100, John Austin wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-08-20 at 09:55 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 08:05:46 -0700
> > ame.fedora at gmail.com ("Alan Evans") wrote:
> >
> > > Has anybody successfully configured VMWare Workstation (my version:
> > > 6.04, x86_64) for Fedora 9 (x86_64)?
> > ...snip...
> >
> > I don't use vmware, but many folks on the #fedora irc channel have had
> > good luck using:
> >
> > http://fedorasolved.org/server-solutions/vmserver-install
> >
> > Perhaps the info there will help you...
> >
> > kevin
> > --
>
> Hi
>
> I have VMworkstation working OK
>  VMwareWorkstation-6.0.4-93057.x86_64

FWIW - VMware Workstation 6.5 Beta runs impressively well on F9. I've
been using it for quite a while now. As long as you have installed
kernel-devel and kernel-headers, you're pretty much good to go.

I don't really like the .bundle installer bit in Workstation 6.5, but it
does seem to both install and uninstall cleanly. I've done that several
times with no issues. I'd still like to see them stick to RPM and Deb
(for the Ubuntu folks) packages instead.

Oh well...

Cheers,

Chris

--
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.

-- Charles Schultz